Monday, November 30, 2015

Bladerunner: Tears in the Rain Unscripted

This was the first time I had watched this film. I had told my dad that we were going to watch this movie in class and he was so excited. He said that I was going to love this film, and I did. It was a little scary at times, but still good. I had learned from a friend that the scene at the end where Roy is talking about how tears disappear in the rain and such was completely done without a script. Wow! I couldn't believe that. I had started to get emotional during that part, and to learn that the actor (Rutger Hauer) had done his own monologue made it even better.

I think there is an obsession with eyes in this movie because of the old saying: "eyes are the window to the soul." While watching the movie you could eventually tell which people were replicants  and vice versa. But I couldn't tell at the end of the movie when Roy was dying. Maybe he made his own soul? Instead of just being born with one? The soul is one of the things that can't be given to a robot. Maybe that's why there was such an obsession with eyes in this movie.

I definitely feel I need to re watch it to pick up on things I missed!

No comments:

Post a Comment