Friday, November 27, 2015

Tears in the Rain

Dear robots,


We are all like the tears in the rain.
We were all searching the meaning of life. I think you found it before I did.

You are more like a human than I do. While I'm hunting you, while I'm shooting at you, I turned myself into a blind monster, I lost my humanity and the most important thing to be a human, love. I was selfish, killing you for just for the money.
I am sorry, I hope you won't blame me. This society is fake. We buy fake animals to lie to ourselves, our vanity is the last thing that we have as a human. It is my fault but more likely, it is this world's fault.

I am sorry that you were born and you have to die. We all started to fall while we were born. We tried to seek the secret of life too. We tried to find a way to live for ever too. We are just like the tears in the rain, our existence means so little to the universe.
One drop of tear can not affect the rain.

I can still hear the screams reecho around.


Rick Deckard.


After watching this movie, I just felt I have to talk to the robots. I feel sorry for them because they were like what the advertisement said, they were more human than human. When Deckard was doing the Voight-Kampff to Rachel, it took him more than a hundred question to know that she is a robot. It brings out the question, does our memory made us a human? If Rachel has more memories would Deckard recognize her?
Also, in the movie, there is hint saying that Deckard may be a tobot as well. The derector of the movie did claimed that Deckard is a robot as well a few years after the movie was shown.It would be useful at this point to mention what eyes represent in our everyday lives. It has been said that eyes are the gateway to the soul. The robots have fake eyes, again for example, Rachel, She has fake eyes, therefore fake memories and therefore fake behavior. The other replicants are aware of that fact and perhaps from insecurity they celebrate their own memories, hence, Roy said“I have seen things you people wouldn't believe.
Also one of the very first scenes of the film is used to indicate the relationship between the film and its main themes with religion and theosophy in general.
This movie reminds me of the painting by Edvard Munch.
He describe it as everything is screaming. The background, the color, everything is screaming. Just like the movie, the back ground of the dark city, the desperate robots. I can hear their screaming deep inside them.
I can still hear it till now, it is desperate.





No comments:

Post a Comment